Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lampshade or pendant made from woven wood veneer for under 20 bucks !

Earlier I told a friend I was building a lampshade out of wood veneer and  she gave me a look I am all too familiar with, I get it alot, it is a what in the ??????????  look.    Well here it is.  (don't mind my dirty dishes in the dishwasher in the background) 

For this project I used
construction grade adhesive and 3 packages of veneer banding from Menards
4 wreath forms and dowels that fit into the holes on the wreath form from Michaels craft store
and an old lamp hanger from a lampshade I demolished. 


I started by glueing the dowels in place and weaving the veneer through the dowels......I used scissor to cut the veneer then fastened the ends to each other with hot glue


I cut the shade hanger in three places and using a hammer I pounded it and bent and twisted it until it was flat (I have man hands so this was easy) 
then I placed the wreath form on, glued the dowels,  and then glued the lamp bracket on top of that.

Finally I glued the last wreath form on top and  THERE IT IS! ♥

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow- that is so awesome!! You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete